Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Burrito Bandidos

Burrito Bandidos
120 Peter Street
Toronto, ON M5V 2G7
(416) 593-9191
http://www.burritobandidos.com
Hours:
Mon-Thu 11:30am-11pm; Fri 11:30-4am
Sat 12pm-4am; Sun 12-8pm
Burrito Bandidos on Urbanspoon


Burrito Bandidos is the original "Burrito Boyz". The founder sold the name "Burrito Boyz" in 2008 and renamed itself "Burrito Bandidos". Hence the ongoing confusion, "Wait guys, is this really the burrito boyz?" Yes drunken sir, this is where you want to go!!

It's located on the southwest corner of Peter St and Richmond St. Since I'm not living downtown anymore, I hardly ever come by here, unless I go clubbing since it's steps away from most of the clubs in Entertainment District. But I do have to say, it tastes AMAZING after a night out. It's the afterparty in my mouth (lol gross).

There's a few reasons that make this place really good. One, the ingredients are fresh and you can taste the difference. Two, they prepare it well so that all the ingredients blend into each other into one cohesive super filling. By that I mean, you won't get a patch where it's only tortilla and lettuce or something. All the ingredients complement each other in proportion. The thing I love most about this place though, is that the burritos are monstrous! And they are packed with the fillings such as rice, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, green peppers, guacamole, jalapenos and fried beans, plus whatever filling you ordered.

I ordered their famous Halibut Burrito with everything on it. My only qualm about this is that it was too gooey since all the toppings are soft foods and the sauces just make it softer. I wish there was more substance to hold onto besides the grilled tortilla.

The product looks like this (this is the size of it after it's been cut in half, it's HUGE!):
Halibut Burrito with everything in it...and everything falling out ($9.29 after tax)



Just kind of a random fact, it's part of my Halloween tradition to go here after a night out dressed in full costume. Hence, Minnie Mouse this year :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...