Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Girls Day: Trip to MoRoCo Chocolat (Part 2)



MoRoCo Chocolat
99 Yorkville Ave.
Toronto, ON, M5R 3K3
416-961-2202
http://www.morocochocolat.com/
MoRoCo on Urbanspoon









Becky and I came here to get out of the rain and grab a coffee and one, maybe two, macarons after going to Wish Restaurant. Instead we ended up sitting down in the lounge area of MoRoCo Chocolat in Yorkville indulging ourselves in rich chocolate.

We ordered two small pots of Hot Chocolate. One of dark chocolate with 66% cocoa, and the other white chocolate with orange & vanilla. Honestly speaking, I would only recommend the dark chocolate sipping pot if you relentlessly love chocolate. As I do not, I couldn't even finish it because it was so rich. Becky however does recommend the White Chocolate pot, which was lighter and had the complementary flavours of the orange and vanilla subtly infused in it.

I do love their macarons though, and thinking back on it now, makes me want some! We tried the vanilla, salted caramel, and blackcurrant. All of which, I would recommend depending on whether you like cream-filled or jelly-filled. Yum :)



MoRoCo is on the pricey side though. Our bill for two hot chocolates and a few macarons came to a whopping $60 for the both of us. Included in that though was an 18.5% mandatory gratuity for our mediocre server Graham. While it was a nice experience to come here, I don't think I'll be coming back here for a sit-down experience on a whim. Although, I can see myself dropping by to grab and go a few macarons at $2 a piece to treat myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...