Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Taiwan: Tried & True

So my camera died for one day and then Google shut down my blog for a few days due to security issues (I was signing into my account from too many countries in a short amount of time). So that daily update of food I ate in Taiwan didn't happen. However, I did manage to get some photos of these. When I went to Taiwan, I wanted to compare two of my favourite snacks from the Taiwanese bubble tea chain restaurant, Go For Tea, with the source.

1. Popcorn Chicken


You'll find stalls scattered all over Taiwan selling fried chicken. What I love about buying it in Taiwan, is that they have different powders you can flavour your chicken with, like garlic, spicy pepper, or the traditional salt & pepper flavour that we have in Canada. Although common, the salt & pepper is no less exciting and is still my favourite. And at only $1.50 Canadian, it's extra delicious! Back in the real world of Toronto though, you can get the same good tasting chicken at Go For Tea (Popcorn Chicken at $6.99) or Teashop 168 (Crispy Chicken at $4.99)

2. Soya Eggs

I don't think this is really something Taiwanese people order all the time, because whenever I tried it, it seemed to be out for a while, or the egg didn't really soak in the flavour. However, to be fair, it's not like I went to places that specialized in Soya Eggs. Either way, I still prefer these salty hard-boiled eggs from Go For Tea ($4.99). Maybe it's the sauce they provide with them, but they are very, very good.

Well, Go For Tea. Good for you for providing us Canadians with the taste of authentic Taiwanese food. Good for me that I get to satisfy those food cravings at two convenient locations.

Click here to see my original review on Go For Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...