Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Al Dente Italian Restaurant


Markham holds a lot of good restaurants that don't get enough attention. Al Dente is another one of them. Located on the east side of Markham Main St, this restaurant holds that old-fashioned charm that I love about Main St Markham. It's also surprisingly big for a place on Main St. But all in all a great place to go to for family dinners (I'll explain why).

Verdict: I wouldn't mind going again, and I'd recommend the Pappardelle :)


When you walk in, you'll notice that it gives you the whole dimmed room, candle light dinner feel. It'd be great for dates, but since the decor is also more on the traditional side, I wouldn't think of coming here with friends. On the other hand... I think my parents would love a place like this! Hence, great place to go for famiy dinners.


I ordered the Pappardelle ($23.95) - wide fettuccine pasta with shrimps, scallops, baby spinach in a Lobster Brandy Cream Sauce. I've heard mixed reviews about this place - and given how empty it was when I went into the restaurant I was a little dubious about the food. But yes, this dish was as good as it sounds.


I may be the worst food blogger ever. But we also ordered the Special of the Day - which involved braised Veal and it was for $29.95. But I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. Anyhow, the meat was extremely tender and peeled apart easily. It was cooked exactly how we wanted it - medium rare.

I've heard mixed reviews about this place but I had a decent experience here and I wouldn't mind going again. Maybe other reviewers have been getting the wrong dishes because both of these dishes were delicious in my opinion and I wouldn't mind going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...